The process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another.
So many of us are in a season of transition. Some of us have been in a season of transition for a very long time. Like, how long does it take to transition to a new phase, a new season? Some days feel as if you’re stuck in this sickening place of ick! Nothing feels familiar, nothing’s comfortable anymore. You find yourself in a place where no matter how hard you try, you can’t get your footing. The people around you that you’ve grown comfortable with are moving out of your circle and there are new people coming in their place. Nothing feels stable! It’s the feeling that if something doesn’t change soon, you’re going to lose it! Can something please change? There are times when I find myself begging God to please let something change! But, when we’re fully surrendered to God, disciples of Jesus Christ, we have given over our will for God’s. With this comes living life on His terms. Which isn’t a bad thing! His terms are terms of love and protection. The issue is that living life on God’s terms, in His will, means living life in the Spirit, which means a constant battle of flesh and spirit, God’s kingdom and the world’s way of doing things. This leaves us in the middle battling our flesh to choose the ways of the Spirit! Of course we have Holy Spirit but if He’s telling us something we don’t want to hear or to do something we don’t want to, there’s another battle lol!
How do you survive seasons of transition? How do you keep going when you want to jump back in the boat, when you’re tired of walking on water? Here’s what I’ve learned so far:
- You must understand that this season of transition is a necessary process to get to your next. There’s no going around it. If you truly want to be successful and impactful in your next season, you must trust and embrace the process. (James 1:2-8)
- Transition molds you into the person you need to be for the next. Allow God to complete the work He’s doing on you, in you and for you! Your character is much more important to God than your comfort. To Him, the messenger is more important than the message. You’re being refined, molded, shaped and even squeezed. ( Jeremiah 18:1-6)
- No one will really understand what you’re going through! God will have you do things, make choices that don’t make sense to anyone else. Do it anyway!
- Please remember that this won’t last forever! I know, trust me, I know it feels as if you’ve been circling this mountain for 40 years like the Israelites but you will get to the promised land!
- Most importantly, you must keep your eyes on Jesus! If you start to look at and focus on your circumstances you will sink just like Peter did! (Matthew 14:22-33)
- When you feel like giving up, remember God’s promises! All of God’s promises are yes and Amen! (2 Corinthians 1:20) Remember that He has plans for you, to prosper you and give you hope and a future! (Jeremiah 29:11)
For the month of May, I’ve been focusing on the promises of God. That was the theme for the scripture writing plan this month. If you’d like to join me, feel free to download the free Promises of God SWP 2018 scripture writing plan. Also, feel free to follow along on my social media outlets for prayers and encouragement. I pray great strength as you follow through the process of transition and I know that whatever God has next for all of us will be beyond anything we could ever ask, think or imagine! (Ephesians 3:20)
Be blessed & encouraged,